1. Cut and paste the questions from this post to your own blog.
2. Type your answers IN YOUR BLOG for each question. Save your post AS A DRAFT (DO NOT PUBLISH), with this title: Spring 2019 Performance Report.
3. Print a copy of it and bring it to the class peer edit ALONG WITH TICKET/PROGRAM to the in-class peer edit on Tuesday, April 2 or Wednesday, April 3 (only one make-up opportunity: Thursday, April 4 at lunch). NOTE: printing out an empty form and handwriting your answers on the paper will result in zero points. DO NOT DO THAT!
4. After the peer edit, re-edit your post as necessary, then save and PUBLISH your post before your class final. Once your post is published, I will grade it.
5. LATE WORK WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED. LATE WORK WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED. LATE WORK WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED. LATE WORK WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED. LATE WORK WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED.
In case there’s any doubt about #5….LATE WORK WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED.
SPRING 2019 PERFORMANCE REPORT
NOTE: These do not need to be complete sentences.
Genre (Classical, Jazz or Musical Theatre ONLY) (2 pts.)
Performance Date and Time (2)
Performer/Show/Group Name(s) (2)
Performance Location (1)
Performance length (i.e., 2 hrs., 30 min.;) (1)
Professional or amateur performance? (1)
NOTE: These must be in sentence form.
What was your favorite song/piece? Why? (2)
Name the piece(s) you recommend that we perform and explain why you recommend them. If you don’t recommend anything, explain that. (2)
Did the performer(s) have good or appropriate stage presence? Why or why not? (2)
Did you find the performers’ behavior to be distracting or did it enhance the performance? Explain why you think that is or isn’t important. (2)
Was the attire/appearance of the performer(s) appropriate to the performance? Why or why not? Was there anything you thought was notable (positive or negative)? (2)
Was the audience respectful of the performers? Do you believe that this affected the performers? Explain. (2)
Tell me something notable about this performance. Pick things that will help you remember this performance (perhaps things that were funny, fascinating, inspiring, questionable… whatever you think is important). (2)
How was this performance different from what you expected? Were there factors in the performance that led to your opinion? (2)
Was this performance worth the money spent on admission? Why or why not? (2)
As you reflect on the performance, what are some of the adjectives you would use to describe your opinion/how the performance made you feel? What made you feel this way? (2)
What can you take away from this experience that will better yourself as a growing musician/performer? (2)
Write a paragraph that gives your overall opinion about this performance. The sentences should directly address these points (8 pts. total):
- Was it worth attending? (1)
- Why or why not? (2)
- What adjectives would you use to describe how you felt about the performance? Use at least 2-3 to describe your reactions. (2)
- Would you recommend that others watch performances by this performer/ group? (1)
- Why or why not? (2)
Three people from your class will read your review and give you constructive criticism . Type their names and delete the lines after your peer edit. (3 pts. per person)
Whose report did you read that you really enjoyed reading, and why? (2)